Reporting live from Direct Remodels blog, we’re here to share everything you never knew you needed to know about windows. Let’s cut right to it with these fast facts!
- Window glass is made of two or more panes that are held together by a spacer and sealed with an airtight perimeter seal.
- Certain types of window glasses come with coatings such Low-Emissivity Glass (Low-E Glass) which increases energy efficiency by reflecting infrared light back into your home while still allowing visible light to pass through uninterrupted for maximum natural lighting exposure inside your home.
- Impact windows are designed to withstand extreme weather conditions like hurricanes, tornadoes, and severe storms. They are made of sturdy materials such as laminated glass or polycarbonate panels.
- Double-hung windows have two separate sashes that slide up and down independently of each other and are a popular choice for many homeowners.
- Double-hung windows are also the most popular replacement window in a home.
- Casement windows are hinged on one side and open outward like a door, providing excellent ventilation and letting in more natural light than any other window design.
- New windows for your home can provide a sound barrier, keeping outside noise out and creating a more peaceful living environment.
- Nearly ¼ of heat loss in your home is through your windows.
Does this leave you wanting more? Are you looking to replace your windows? Windows are an integral part of any home, providing light and ventilation while also offering a view to the outside world. But choosing the right windows for your home can be a daunting task. From double-hung to picture and sliding, there are endless choices. Let us walk you through the best options – we promise to make it fun! Our team has the experience, dedication and skills to turn your dreams into reality.