Making the decision to upgrade your home in a big or small way takes a lot of planning. When it comes to a bathroom remodel, this is no exception. To make the most out of your money, you’re going to want make sure that you carefully go through your remodel checklist and make sure that you’ve got everything sorted out before you so much as unscrew an outlet cover. A carefully planned remodel is a successful remodel.
- Know your budget: Firstly, you’re going to want to know your budget. The first budget should be a moderate one; perhaps an amount of what you’d like to spend. The second budget should be the absolute maximum amount of money that you can spend. Knowing where that ceiling is helps you to stay in control of anything that you can’t really plan for during a remodel. This is the first step of the plan and one of the most important things on your remodel checklist.
- Choose your timing: Another detail to be aware of is how long you’d like the remodel to be. If you need to be short and sweet, you’ll want to consider only focusing on a few changes instead of a full remodel. The thing should including everything from the planning process to the final payment on the work done.
- Focus on the pieces to be re-done and replaced: There will be some things that get your attention more than others. Perhaps it’s a new shower head, or maybe it’s something like a facelift for your mirror frame. Choose the things that can be redone versus replaced, and don’t be afraid to go with the former option. It leaves more budget free for the rest of the remodel!
- Don’t forget the little things: From toilet paper roll holders to light switch plates to light fixtures, it’s important to make sure that you focus on the little things as much as the big things. They will determine the overall effect of the remodel and having to add those into your budget after the fact is a pain.
- Take photos before and after: While optional, before and after photos are a great way to really appreciate the value of a good remodel. Consider getting a few great shots on either side to help you see its worth.
- Skip the DIY: There’s often a sense of having to DIY your bathroom remodel. Whether it’s a full remodel or you’re just looking at changing a few things, it’s important to remember that doing things that you aren’t qualified to do can often end in disaster. And, when it comes to a remodel, a disaster is usually expensive. There are plenty of options for a bathroom contractor in Tampa and all of them are going to help you make the most out of your bathroom remodel as well as the budget that you’ve got available for it. All you have to do is fill them in on the particulars.
When you’ve got limited time and budget to make that exciting and important bathroom remodel to work for you, a bathroom contractor is definitely going to be best way to do it. Not only is still going to be Tampa-based, you’ll be able to enjoy the process a whole lot more while leaving the nitty gritty details to the experienced professional.