Once you make the decision that impact windows are the right choice for your home in Tampa, you probably want to see them go into place the very next day, right? While understandable, the installation of hurricane windows does take a bit longer than 24 hours! That being said, the process is intended to be as timely as possible to make sure that you get the protection you deserve in as little time as possible. Here’s what you should know about a schedule with impact window installation.
The steps in the process:
- Choose the supplier and installation specialist: First-up, you should choose the supplier of your hurricane windows and the installation specialists that you want to perform the work for you.
- Have a professional come and perform the accurate measurements: Next-up is going to be having and experienced professional come and take the detailed measurements for every window that is needed to be replaced (as well as any changes in size)
- Approve the quote and sign the contract: A quote and contract will be given to you and, once you’re happy with it, the quote can be approved and signed. This starts the clock in terms of production.
- The windows are ordered and an installation day is set up: The windows will be ordered after confirming the sizes and other details. The installation day is then set based on the estimated time of production from the factory as well as your own preferences and scheduling needs. You will also be given specific instructions for how to prepare your home for window installation.
- The windows are taken out and new ones are installed: On installation day, the team will arrive quickly and efficiently take the old windows out and then install the new ones. The standard timing for this is about 30 minutes per window. This can differ depending on the size of the new windows and the difficulty of removal of the old ones.
- Final survey and debris clean-up: Once all windows are installed, a final check is done to make sure that everything is as ordered, and then the debris from the removal and installation process is cleaned up so that your home is clean, weather-tight and ready to go.
The first 3 steps of the process have a length determined a lot by you, the customer. However, after that, the expected timeline is often between 6-8 weeks, depending on the size of the windows and the schedule of the installation team. As always, it’s a good idea to plan the schedule based on the time of year to make sure that you are going to be able to have everything installed before a storm hits.
While it would be nice to simply have everything done with 24 hours of choosing the right impact windows, quality does take time. By keeping this schedule and expected 6-8 week timeframe in mind, you’ll be able to make sure that your home is as protected as possible in the right time for your needs. It’s also always a good idea to plan ahead if possible in case anything slows down the actual delivery time.